H. BRANDON JONES
H. BRANDON JONES is well-known by borrowers and lenders for successfully handling all aspects of distressed loans and debt obligations from workout negotiations, out of court restructuring, state and federal court litigation, receiverships, foreclosure, repossession and through all phases of a bankruptcy case. Mr. Jones represents creditor committees, debtors and creditors (including CMBS trusts, servicers, special servicers, secured and unsecured creditors and trade creditors, lessors and lessees) as well as businesses seeking to purchase distressed assets in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the nation.
Mr. Jones also has extensive experience representing businesses and individuals in preference, fraudulent transfer, discharge and claim prosecution litigation in bankruptcy courts. He also represents his clients’ interests in state and federal court proceedings including obtaining and defending against court appointed receiverships over businesses and property, prosecution, collection and defense of secured and unsecured debt obligations, landlord tenant issues, contested foreclosures, collection and repossession of collateral, business divorces, contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, and pre and post judgment collections.
Mr. Jones leverages his knowledge of bankruptcy practice and procedure as well as his commercial litigation experience to formulate creative solutions for his clients inside and outside of the courtroom. Representative clients range from local and national banks, special servicers, private equity funds, investment banks, manufacturing companies, national franchisors, franchisees, landlord, tenants, real estate developers, construction, transportation and logistics companies to local mom and pop family businesses.
Mr. Jones is licensed in Texas, having graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Texas courts and the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
(2015) Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Texas (Bankruptcy Law; Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section)
- Tarrant County Bar Association (Bankruptcy Section, Real Estate Section, Business Litigation Section)
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Tarrant Alliance Group
- Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, Greeting Committee
- Texas A&M University (B.S. Agribusiness)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude), Iota Epsilon National Honor
- Representation of national and local banks and other lenders regarding secured and unsecured loans and debt in state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
- Representation of multiple special servicers of Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (“CMBS”) in state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
- Representation of a national financier of heavy construction equipment in repossession, state court and bankruptcy court proceedings.
- Representation of an investment bank and creditor in prosecution and defense of multi-million dollar claims in the bankruptcy case of a major sports franchise.
- Representation of majority shareholders/owners in the multi-million dollar bankruptcy reorganization of a consumer retail chain.
- Representation of an international restaurant franchisor in multiple bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of majority shareholders/owners, directors and officers in the multi-million dollar bankruptcies of real estate development comp
- Representation of creditors committee and liquidating trustee in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of the primary secured lender in the multi-million dollar involuntary bankruptcy proceeding of a large manufacturing company.
- Defense of bankruptcy preference and fraudulent transfer claims asserted against suppliers of a multi-billion dollar retail bankruptcy.
- Representation of construction contractors and sub contractions in bankruptcy proceedings and bankruptcy litigation, including claims prosecution and defense, preference and fraudulent transfer defense.
- Representation of a transportation, trucking and logistics company in defense of multi-million dollar bankruptcy preference and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Obtained the appointment of receivers on behalf of secured lenders over multiple commercial real properties, including apartment complexes, office buildings, retail centers, hotels, strip malls, gas stations/convenience stores and bare land.
- Obtained the appointment of a receiver over an equipment manufacturing company on behalf of minority owners.
- Representation of businesses in the food service industry in debt workout negotiations with primary lenders, factoring companies and suppliers.
- Obtained a take nothing judgment as to fraud and trespass claims asserted by an operator and obtained the removal of the operator after a two week jury trial representing multiple oil and gas working interest owners.
- Representation of national environmental company in a lawsuit arising from the purchase and sale of a business.
Honors & Recognitions
- Super Lawyer’s Texas Rising Star in Bankruptcy, Texas Monthly magazine (2014 - 2017) (a Thomson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly)
- 40 Under 40, Fort Worth Business (2016)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine