CHRISTIAN ELLIS has extensive experience inside the courtroom and out, helping clients solve difficult and complex legal problems in a wide variety of industries, including construction, oil and gas, manufacturing, and the non-profit sector. He has successfully represented his clients in both state and federal courts and in arbitrations, and has achieved a good deal of success for his clients in the courtroom. Mr. Ellis practices general business litigation, contract formation and negotiation, dispute resolution, and problem solving for a wide array of clients with complex legal challenges.
Within the construction arena, he represents owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in cases involving construction defects, design errors, delay claims, cost overruns, lien and bond claims, and bid disputes. He regularly drafts construction contracts for owners, contractors, and suppliers, and consults clients entering into construction contracts with upstream entities.
Mr. Ellis's oil and gas experience includes representation of clients in production disputes, construction claims, EPC contract claims, claims involving pipelines, and mineral liens. He has represented manufacturers involved in products liability claims, intellectual property claims, and theft of trade secrets. Mr. Ellis also represents numerous non-profits in a wide variety of matters, including non-profit strategies, construction, leases, and other issues facing these clients.
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas (1998). U.S. District Courts, Northern, Eastern & Western Districts of Texas
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Texas Christian University (B.B.A., 1995), cum laude with Departmental Honors
Honors & Recognitions
- Texas Rising Stars, Texas Monthly magazine (2012 - 2013) (a Thomson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine (2008 - 2016)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section, 2006 - present)
- Tarrant County Bar (Construction Law Section 2012 - present)
- Eldon Mahon Inn of Court
- TCU Honors College Board of Visitors (2012-present)
- YMCA Camp Carter (Board of Managers, 2000-2004)
- Covenant Classical School, Fort Worth, Texas (Board of Directors, 2012-present; Chair 2014-present)
- Teen Court of Fort Worth, Inc (Board of Directors, 2006-present; President, 2007-2012)
- Berkeley Place Association (Executive Committee, 2007-2015 President, 2011-2013)
- Beta Upsilon Chi National Board of Directors (2014-present)